Quintura Kids Quintura Cook Quintura Search

categories
archive
meta

 
Русский | English
 

DST Exits Investment In KinoPoisk.ru To AlloCine

Files under: News
Posted by: Quintura @ 05:50 [12. 11. 09]

Leading European provider of cinema information and e-commerce services AlloCine has acquired a stake in the most-visited Russian cinema information site and search engine, KinoPoisk.ru. The 40% stake was purchased from internet investor DST (Digital Sky Technologies), reported newspaper Kommersant. According to expert valuations, the deal could be worth ca. $2 million. KinoPoisk.ru founders Vitaly Tatsiy and Dmitri Sukhanov hold the remaining 60% stake in the company, the newspaper said.

Founded in 2003, KinoPoisk.ru has over 12 million monthly visitors. The name of the site is translated as “Cinema Search”. The site reported revenues of ca. $0.6 million and net loss of ca. $0.2 million in 2008.

Founded in 1993 in France, AlloCine is based in Paris and managed by Claude Escatine and Gregorie Lassalle. It has presence in the UK, Germany, Spain and Canada. In 2000, AlloCine was acquired by Canal+ (Vivendi Universal). In September 2003, the management and CITA Gestion bought-out the site from Vivendi. In May 2005, New York-based investment fund Tiger Global Management acquired a majority stake in AlloCine.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:

  1.  
  2.  
  3.