Top 10 Russian venture capital internet deals in 2009:
1. Digital Sky Technologies (DST) invested $400 million for a 5 percent stake in the largest global social network compay Facebook over the year.
2. Leading Russian online portal Mail.ru acquired online games group Astrum Online in cash and share deal in December 2009.
3. Digital Sky Technologies (DST) invested more than $90 million in world’s leading social games company Zynga in December 2009.
4. Private equity firms UFG, BVCP and Tiger acquired a 9 percent stake in search engine Yandex for $100 million in September 2009.
5. Amdocs acquired telecom service delivery platform provider jNetX for $50 million from Mint Capital and the management in October 2009.
6. Leading Russian media and entertainment group ProfMedia invested ca. $40 million to acquire the remaining shares in Rambler Media and agreed to de-list Rambler from London Stock Exchange’s AIM in December 2009.
7. Online note service, Evernote raised a total of $12 million from Morgenthaler Ventures and DOCOMO Capital over the year.
8. Russia’s leading online shopping club, KupiVIP.ru raised $10 million from Mangrove Capital Partners, ABRT Fund, Arlan and Direct Group over the year.
9. Leading Russian women-centric online portals WomanJournal.ru and Passion.ru agreed to merge in November 2009.
10. World’s 2nd largest B2C e-commerce group Otto acquired the Russian e-commerce and mail order business of Quelle for EUR 65 million in November 2009.