The European Venture Capital industry trade delegation to Russia that includes some leading European venture capital firms and top executives visit Russia this week. They join the 2nd International Trade Delegation on Global Innovation Partnerships in Moscow and Kazan on April 18 – 22, 2011.
The European venture capital delegates visiting Russia include:
- Alastiar Breward, Chief Operating Officer, Amadeus Capital Partners.
- Simon Cook, CEO, DFJ Esprit.
- Hendrik Brandis, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Earlybird Venture Capital.
- Gina Domanig, Managing Partner, Emerald Technology Ventures.
- Sven Lingjaerde, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Endeavour Vision.
- Patrick Sheehan, Partner and Founder, Environmental Technologies Fund.
- David Waroquier, Partner, Mangrove Capital Partners.
- Detlef Pohl, Investment Partner of Venture Capital, Siemens Venture Capital.
- Uli Fricke, Co-founder, Triangle Venture.
- Christian Reitberger, General Partner, Wellington Partners.
- Jorg Sperling, Partner, Wheb Ventures.
- Bernd Goergen, Senior Investment Manager, High-Tech Gruenderfond.
- Serguei Mikhailov, CEO, Swissnanocat.
- Sophie Paturle-Guesnerot, Founding partner, Demeter Partners.
- Stephen Seuntjens, Head, Graft Ventures.
- Walter Comelli, Managing Partner, IMI Fondi Chiusi SGR.
- Josef Wunch, CTO, BASF Venture Capital
2011 European VC trip to Russia is organized by RUSNANO, Russian Venture Company (RVC), Russian Venture Capital Association (RVCA), Skolkovo Innovation Center, European Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (EVCA) and Investment and Venture Fund of the Republic of Tatarstan (IVFRT).
The trip follows 2010 Silicon Valley trade mission to Russia. The delegation of U.S. venture capitalists and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs headed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger visited Russia on October 10 – 14, 2010.