Top 10 internet entrepreneurs in Russia:
1. Arkady Volozh and Ilya Segalovich, founding CEO and CTO of Yandex (leading Russian search engine and contextual advertsing provider).
2. Evgeny Kaspersky, co-founder & CEO of Kaspersky Lab (top 5 global internet security software vendor), was awarded the State Prize of the Russian Federation in Science and Technology.
3. Albert Popkov, founder of Odnoklassniki.ru (social network part-acquired by DST in 2006-08) and Sravni.ru (price comparison engine launched in 2009).
4. Yuri Virovets, founder & President of Russia’s largest online recruitment group HeadHunter (hh.ru).
5. Pavel Cherkashin, founder of Actis (web solutions developer acquired by Wunderman/WPP in 2008), of Sputnik Labs (CRM vendor acquired by TechnoServ in 2008), of Tvigle.ru (video sharing site financed by AllianzRosno Venture Fund in 2007-08), etc.
6. Lev Gleizer, founder of AdWatch (internet ad agency acquired by Isobar/Aegis in 2008), of Mediaselling (display ad agency acquired by Yandex in 2008) and of iContext (context ad agency part-acquired by Ru-Net II in 2008).
7. Alexey Basov, CEO & co-founder of Begun; head of internet investments at Finam.
8. Mike Alexandrovski, founder of MobileDirect (mobile online ad provider VC-funded by Ru-Net II in 2007) and of EnterMedia (in-game advertising provider VC-funded by Mangrove Capital Partners and ABRT Fund in 2008).
9. Nikolay Samokhvalov, co-founder of MoiKrug (social network acquired by Yandex in 2007) and MirTesen (location-based social network VC-funded by Finam in 2007).
10. Alexander Sergeev, founder of Ozon.ru (leading Russian online shop acquired by PPE Group (Direct Group and BVCP) in 2002 and of Reksoft (software development company part-acquired by TechnoServ in 2008).